Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacay part 2

We spent the second week of our Colorado vacation spending time with my in-laws. I really hit the jackpot when it comes to in-laws. In fact in-laws doesn't really describe them accurately. Amazing family and people is a better description. With each visit I feel more and more like I've known them my whole life. I really don't how I got so lucky. It's one thing to have been blessed with an amazing husband but when the family that comes with him is just as wonderful..now that is just plain lucky and I am really thankful. We also squeezed in some time to get together with some of our great friends in Denver.


Highlights from the second week of our trip..


Hiking Red Rocks with the Bartons
Thank you Matt and Toni for such a great hike and an all around great day. I didn't bring my camera for the hike but the scenery was similar to this....

A day of pampering with my mother-in-law
Nothing better than freshly pedicured tootsies and great company.


Eating the most delicious piece of pie ever!!!
Jim's Aunt Toni made us the most amazing strawberry rhubarb pie. I am actually not a huge pie fan but this pie was absolute heaven! The best part was that the rhubarb was freshly picked from her friend's garden that morning! A perfect summer treat. Thanks again Toni!


Eating at my new favorite restaurant.
I just realized that a lot of my vacation highlights revolve around food. Do you think eating can be considered a hobby? If so, it's definitely one of my hobbies. :) Anyway, we met our friends Andy an Tatum at a restaurant called Izakaya on Pearl St. in Dever. It's described as a sake house with tapas. We sat on their patio and took in the wonderful Denver weather. All of their sushi was delicious but my favorite was the tuna with avocado and hearts of palm....amazing! They have really unique ingredient combinations as well as a great atmosphere. Can't wait to go back next time we're in town.

Getting together with great friends
We love these peeps!


Spending time with the Mencinis
We were lucky enough to spend some time with my sister-in-law Michelle and her husband Brandon and of course our adorable nephew Nicolas!! Does it get much cuter than this???

Attending a wedding in Littleton
Jim's college friends Krista and Jimmy were married in Littleton this past Saturday. They were blessed with a perfectly sunny day and couldn't look happier. Krista was a beautiful bride! We had lots of fun spending time with friends and of course getting down on the dance floor.







1 comments:

Diane July 19, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Hi Erin - Love your blog! Its great to be able to see what you've been up to..... and the pics are great! Thanks for putting up with our crazy family - we feel like WE hit the jackpot when you joined our family! Love You! Diane


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP