Friday, September 24, 2010

Behold..

I actually finished a project! Our laundry room is finally looking a bit better. It only took me several months but I overcame my ADD tendencies and completed it. Well..don't look too close..I still need a picture for one of those frames but haven't found the right one yet.



I started by painting the back wall a pale yellow to brighten up the tiny space and then bought a few $1 and $2 dollar frames from the clearance aisle at Homegoods.




I painted them white and distressed them a bit with a little pumpkin carving tool I found hanging around. Super technical...



And since I still have a TON to learn about photography it's only fitting that my little "gallery" is housed in the laundry room. :)


A while back I spotted this great idea of hanging little curtains above the washer and dryer to hide those ugly cords and outlets. I saw the idea over at younghouselove.com. and loved the idea so much that I pretty much copied it exactly. If you've never checked out the younghouselove blog you should. It's a great source of inspiration for all types of DIY projects. Check it out here.



I bought cheapy curtains from IKEA which is a great place for cheapy curtains by the way. I then cut and hemmed them using my "fake sewing" technique which simply involves an iron and some stitch witchery. Stitch witchery is seriously my best friend since I don't own a sewing machine.


Then I painted on a little stencil design which was the same stencil used in the project I copied. I'm such a copycat! The stencil is from Sunny's Goodtime Paints. They have some amazing stencils that are so NOT your momma's stencils from the 80's. You won't find little duck or rose stencils. They have some wonderful designs along with a great inspiration gallery. Check out their site here.

A little white fabric paint and a sponge brush and you're done.




I hung them from a tension rod.





The space feels much brighter and finished now. It's also the first room I see when I walk into the house from the garage so I love that I'm welcomed by some of my favorite pictures. I also love that I can always switch them out when I find images I like better.

In fact, these pics will probably make me shudder several years from now when I'm a little more seasoned in the photography department. But for now..this is where I'm at and I'm embracing it.

Ok, better go get ready as my mom will be arriving in an hour. Yippeee!

Have a great weekend!



1 comments:

Anonymous September 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Have you missed your calling as an Interior Designer? Nice Job!!!!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP