Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

This day. One year ago...







Was the happiest day of my life.



It was magical.



Much more than I'd ever hoped it would be.






I'll never forget the way he held my hand so tight and told me he'd love me forever.



And I knew he meant it.



I'll never forget that surreal feeling of having everyone we cared about in one room. A room that was so full of love you could taste it.





I'll never forget the way he looked at me.

Or how amazing it was to have all of my best friends by my side. The very friends that I had dreamt about this day with.





Or the way my parents exuded pure joy.


I'll never forget the energy in the room. Hands were thrown up in the air and the dance floor overflowed. We danced...oh did we dance. And we celebrated love and life and all things good in this world.


And my bustle totally broke and my pretty curls fell but I could have cared less. I danced as if my life depended on it as sweat dripped down my cheeks. And I thanked god for this amazing day and this incredible man that I would spend the rest of my life with.


And it was heaven..right here on earth.


This weekend we celebrated that delicious day and the sweetness of the past year.
A year that went like a blink of an eye. We watched our wedding video and I cried
like a baby even though I've seen about twenty times. We flipped through our
album and talked about what life will be like ten years from now when we celebrate
this day. What will we look like? How many kids will we have? Will I be wearing
the dreaded "mom jeans"?

We spent a night at the Royal Palms..a place that means so much to us now.
Pointed out the little archways and courtyards where just a year earlier we
were taking pictures and smiling so much our cheeks hurt.






We ate dinner at a table covered with rose petals.



And blew out the candle on our little anniversary plate.



And I couldn't help but think that if this first year is just a taste of what's in store...
the first course of an amazing journey together.
..



Well then I'm really looking forward to dessert.

And I hope it's drenched in chocolate.






3 comments:

Lesley October 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Oh my goodness, how sweet is that, brought tears to my eyes! Couldn’t be happier you two wonderful people found each other! Here’s to many more blessings coming your way! Love you!

Toni Olivieri-Barton October 4, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I think I have mom jeans, but I am ok with it. Congrats on a beautiful marriage. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Peggy October 5, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Still so fresh in my mind how much fun it was when you and I were planning "The Wedding". Confirmation how we could probably get just about anything accomplished, once we put our minds together. It was the most perfect day, such happy happy memories for so many. For me, what I took away most from that day, was how much love surrounds the two of you! That is all a parent could ever want for their precious daughter & son!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP