Thursday, November 25, 2010

Perspective and a very thankful heart

We had only been back in town for two days when it was time to head to the airport yet again. I hadn't really had time to unpack from the last trip or throw in those oh so necessary loads of laundry. The loads that prevent you from wearing mismatched socks or a day old shirt sprayed with Febreze. Before I knew it the hubby was giving me the 10 minute warning..letting me know that it was time to leave for the airport. I was feeling rushed, unprepared and like time was moving just too darn fast. Cranky and tired I headed to the car, opened the garage and waited while Jim set the alarm. Excited to see my family for the holiday but not so excited to fight the crowds at the airport. An airport I had been getting to know far too well lately. And then out of the corner of my eye I noticed this pink glimmer. And I turned and looked up at the sky. It was amazing, like I've never seen it look before.





And then I felt guilty. Felt guilty for being so busy feeling tired and cranky that I almost didn't notice something so glorious. I like to think I'm a glass half full kind of girl, a unicorn and rainbows lover and someone who focuses on the positive but like most people.. I definitely have moments when I need a little perspective. And I'm a firm believer in God sending us little signs to maintain that perspective. I stood there and admired that sky and it hit me..

There are many people on earth who will never have the privilege of flying on an airplane.

There are many people who don't have a family to go home to.

There are many people who would do anything for a hot turkey dinner and a roof over their heads.

There are many people hurting at this very moment and experiencing incredible heartbreak.

I have been blessed so abundantly in this life. My trials have been few. I have an amazing husband who loves like no one I've ever met before, a cozy home to call our own, a family who I love beyond measure and friends who are much more like family. And so..I am incredibly thankful. My heart is so full tonight.

A few Thanksgiving happies..

I Love how my mom realizes that pretty linens and tablescapes don't just make the table look pretty.. but they set the day apart from the others, make the little ones realize that this is a special day, a day to cherish and remember. I still remember helping my mom set the Thanksgiving table as a child. I knew that if the "shiny white dishes" were being placed next to cloth napkins then this was going to be a special day. I knew that friends and family would soon be arriving and that there would be lots of laughing and cheer.








Love that our apple pie was prepared with help from chubby baby hands. My nephew is such a good little helper. The sink was a perfect little helping spot for him too. :)








Turkey Hands. I realize it's the nerdy first grade teacher in me...but seriously..no Thanksgiving is complete without some good ol' turkey hands.



Wishing you lots of Thanksgiving happies tonight. Heading to bed with a very thankful heart.
xo




0 comments:


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP