Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Homefront haps

We celebrated a birthday around these parts. I am officially married to an older man. Well..for three weeks that is...until I join the club. The hubs turned thirty yesterday. And well.. of course I had to remind him of his old man status with some super obnoxious balloons.




We celebrated by going out to dinner with some friends over the weekend and ate a home cooked meal on his actual birthday. Salmon and couscous per his request. yeah..I know. Only my husband asks for such a healthy birthday meal. My birthday meal requests almost always involve chocolate and stretchy pants.


I decided to get fancy at the last minute and make some place card holders. Easiest thing ever.
Grab some extra wine corks..we collect ours in a jar. Cut off part of the back and then cut a slit
on top. I did these in five minutes...hence the crookedly cut paper and messy handwriting. :0

I couldn't resist. :)

And as we celebrated this momentous birthday I was reminded once again just why I love this
guy so much. I was thanked countless times for the birthday meal which to be honest was really
easy and simple. When I hounded him for special birthday requests/birthday dinner location
ideas/ gift ideas he would respond with..whatever you think.whatever is easy and not too
expensive. Whatever is most convenient for everyone else. Oh..I love him so. He gets it. He
doesn't need extravagant, he doesn't need over the top. He enjoys the little things... like
obnoxious balloons and little happy birthday signs hidden throughout the house. He gets it..
and he reminds me to get it too.























4 comments:

Anonymous January 21, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Happy Birthday Jim!
Erin I am so glad you share pics and thoughts, it makes those so far away feel so close to you both. Can't wait to hear what Jim does for your 30th. And the 30's are the best years of your life!! Enjoy Janet

Erin January 23, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

Thanks for reading Janet. That is exactly my hope..to keep our families up to date through this blog. My mom says the same thing about 30's being the best years. Can't wait! Miss you!

ami_marie75 January 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Hello Erin!!! Happy Birthday to the hubby! I love reading your posts. I am so proud of the beautiful woman you have become (not that I had anything to do with it)
I have to ask where you got the bell jar with the pomegranates.I have been looking for one that doesn't cost a fortune!
Anyhow, I miss you so much. xoxo

Erin January 25, 2011 at 8:30 PM  

Ami!!!!!!
I miss you too! Thanks SO much for reading my ramblings. :) You are so sweet. I'll never forget the salon days..what ridiculous amounts of fun we had!!! Remember when I wore Pi Phi flip flops to my first pedicure?? Ugh..cringing at the thought of those. :) Oh and by the way..still haven't found someone who can do a french manicure quite like you.

Found the bell jar at Hobby Lobby of all places! Do you have them in Reno? I too was looking for one that didn't cost a fortune and was thrilled when I found this one. It's nice and large too. Miss you lots. Hugs to your beautiful family.


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP