Monday, December 10, 2012

Precious Cargo Baby Shower!



Well hello there!! I wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am in fact alive and doing well! :) Life has been a bit hectic over the past month but I'm back and have lots to share. I thought I'd start with this adorable Precious Cargo Baby Shower that I had the honor of helping to host for my bestie Lesley. She is having a baby boy in February and I couldn't be more thrilled for her! The shower theme was Vintage Precious Cargo. I had a blast helping to pull this fun celebration together. 



Here is the adorable invitation designed by the uber talented Seema. 




Lesley and her adorable mom Laurel.


Seema and I with the beautiful mama-to-be


The awesome Party Planning Committee with the mama-to-be



Shower Vignette: framed invite, vintage plane, mod podged wooden suitcases and a globe. Triangle banner was super easy to make..scrapbook paper cut into triangles and hung from twine.

Guests were asked to share their parenting advice on Las Vegas and Reno postcards which represent where both Lesley and her husband Paul grew up. 






Another fun vignette- nesting luggage fro m Land of Nod, vintage airplane, vintage Louis Vuitton, bookends and vintage books.




Cardboard letters Mod Podged with Scrapbook Paper and lined with white grosgrain ribbon. I am currently obsessed with Mod Podge! Best stuff ever!


Seema designed these awesome luggage tags which were adorned with all of the guests monogram and given as favors.  We hung them from a branch form Seema's backyard.








Guests also took home  mini bottles of booze. 


Isn't she the cutest preggo!?!?



We adorned the cake with paper airplanes.



The table runners were easy and simple Kraft Paper. I am sort of obsessed with kraft paper! We then used an airplane stamp to add some whimsy to the Kraft paper and sprinkled vintage stamps on top as well. (vintage stamps were found at Anthropologie about a year ago...I haven't been able to find them again since)
Funny story...I found the these wooden airplanes at the airport in Cabo!! Of all places! 



Globe ornaments and paper airplanes hung from the chandelier. 


A big thank you to Allie for allowing us to host the shower at her beautiful home!

It was such a fun celebration! 
I can't wait to meet Baby Cameron Klein! 


1 comments:

Anonymous September 10, 2014 at 6:48 PM  

Hi there! I love the stationary that you made for your friend's baby shower, "precious cargo." Is this something that I could commision you to do for my baby shower???

mireille.andrea@gmail.com


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP