Monday, July 26, 2010

Gratitude

In an effort to scratch one more thing off of my It's summer so now I have time to do list I have started a gratitude journal. I realize that I'm really late in following this trend or as a friend reminded me..Gratitude journals are SO two years ago but I'm thinking better late than never right? In my opinion, expressing daily gratitude for the little things should probably not be likened to gladiator sandals or maxi dresses as they will surely go out of style again..but instead I view daily gratitude much more like a Chanel purse..timeless and oh so important. Yes, I said important. Hint, hint hubs. :)


I love this quote...
"The sweetest, happiest days aren't the ones when anything really big or exciting happens, but just simple little pleasures following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." (L.M. Montgomery) SO TRUE!!

Obviously, I am mostly grateful for all of the amazing people in my life that make life worth living but instead of writing the same thing everyday I decided to focus on life's s daily, simple little pleasures like...

Having the hubby back in town for a bit.
In case you're confused.. I call him B.Z...I can't even remember why anymore.

A text message I received today from a parent of a former student just letting me know that her child is missing me. Completely made my day.


The perfect shade of pink polish
that has finally made it's way onto my fingernails.


Lavender in mason jars


Shoe sales..yes I'm grateful for shoe sales..
Where I happened upon these lovelies. Red+ruffles+40% off =one grateful girl



The two little "lovenotes" (as I call them) from a former student which I stowed away in my purse when school let out. I decied to keep them right there in their cozy little zippered pocket inside my purse. I pull them out from time to time, admire them once again, and then shove them right back into the same place. Another little thing that totally makes my day.

Hope you're enjoying the little things today!

4 comments:

Lesley July 27, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

My favorite post so far! I love you friend and miss you mucho!

Peggy July 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

I love those red satin shoes!!! They are exactly like the ones I wore to your wedding. only mine are sensible black, and Stuart Weitzmans. Where did you find them at 40% off??

Erin July 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

awww.thanks Les! Grateful for my bestie too! :) Miss you!

Mom...I found the red shoes at the Nine West outlet which is conveniently located right next to our neighborhood grocery store. I remember your wedding shoes. I love them! I'm sure Nine West copied the Stuart Weitzman version. These were $40!!!

Krissy August 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

I love the Lavendar in the mason jar! I have been dying to buy some at Trader Joe's but I love your idea instead of using a vase. You are so creative!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP