Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nostalgia


Ramona and Beezus are Baaaack!


About a week ago Jim and I were lounging on the couch and watching a little TV when the Ramona and Beezus movie preview lit up the TV screen. I immediately sprung to my feet and yelled,"No way!! "They're making a movie!!! "I LOVE Ramona." Jim stared at me like I had four heads and asked, "Who is Ramona?" SERIOUSLY!?! Did we really get married without him knowing that she was my childhood hero??? Did we really say I do without him knowing that when I was 6 I chopped off my long locks in order to achieve the Ramona hairdo?? How did this never come up!? :)

The eight second premiere alone brought back so many childhood memories. I'm pretty sure I thought I was Ramona Quimby as a child...I mean I did have the haircut to prove it. I remember pretending that I had an older sister named Beezus instead of a stinky older brother. I remember holing up in my room, pulling my Laura Ashley comforter up to my chin and pouring over Ramona Quimby, Age 8. I remember marveling over her adventurous spirit and secretly wishing that I too could be that adventurous. And then...Ramona's baby sister was born..and well.. then I REALLY wanted to be Ramona. I remember stalking my mom for weeks and begging her to give me a baby sister. Ramona had 2 sisters and I had NONE. So not fair. (no wonder I joined a sorority in college)

It is great to see that Ramona and Beezus are back and it it looks as though they've undergone makeovers. Selena Gomez as Beezus?? Really? 80's Beezus was definitely not that cute. The years have been good to her. :)

I will most definitely be joining the masses of 6 and 7 year olds at the movie theatre. Throw in some Big League Chew and some ice cold Tang and it's a perfectly nostalgic type of day.


0 comments:


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP