Monday, September 20, 2010

Little Happies

If you've never had a gratitude journal or as I have dubbed mine..a "little happies journal" I encourage you to start one. It's really powerful to scribble down all of the little things you're grateful for each day. It has opened my eyes to what it really is that drives me and makes me happy. I've found that it's usually the simplest of things that fulfill me.

Like...

The anticipation of a weekend with my mom in town.

And using the crystal just because I feel like it

And the excitement of the changing of the seasons and all the fun that comes along with Fall. (now if the weather would just cooperate)




And the fact that I have the type of husband who leaves me love notes.



And being around kids again. I didn't realize how much I missed little beings. And being with kids again means bringing out the "Mary Poppins" bag filled with goodies like my favorite children's books and the very thing that just may have inspired me to become a teacher. Hello yummy smelling markers. :)
And loungy Sunday mornings cuddled up with the pup.
(don't tell the hubby that I let her get up on the bed when he's not home.)

And a nice quiet dinner at home with Jim where music plays instead of annoying TV commercials and plastic CPK containers sit next to the twinkling taper candles just to keep it real.



What are some of your little happies? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

Krissy September 21, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Such a great post Erin...it made me smile.

Erin September 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

Thanks Kristin! You're so sweet. Another "little happy" for my book..getting a comment on a blog post. :)

Peggy September 23, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

Ok, I have to say this has to be most favorite post!! Made my eyes water. I was pretty sure I knew all the the things that make you happy, but Jim's love notes to you make me happy!! Love him for that.
You are my pride and joy, and you make me happy beyond words could ever say!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP