Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Colorado Christmas is my kind of Christmas..

"It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes and bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'til his puzzler was sore....What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"
An excerpt from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


And to me... Christmas means family and togetherness and enjoying just what's important in this world. And well of course.. the celebration of a very, very important birthday.




Don't get me wrong...I love pretty things..love me some Kate Spade and I'm pretty sure that Nordstrom is my version of heaven.... but I know what's really important. I know what truly matters..












These past ten days have fed my soul in so many ways. Feeling so invigorated,
refueled and high on life in that borderline annoying sort of way. So...I'll apologize
now. I just can't help it.




Maybe it's the altitude. Maybe it's the snow.







\






Maybe it's the fact that something really cool happens when you get married. The
joy and the togetherness that I so crave during this time of year is doubled. There
are two families to celebrate with..two families who feel equally significant. And two
families means two sets of traditions and man...how I love traditions.


And my brother totally looks like a bobblehead in this pic. We were dying laughing
when we noticed this.


There has been baking.




Really bad singing






Snuggly mornings with the two cutest 10 month old boys alive.













A magical sleigh ride up in the mountains followed by a cozy rustic dinner where water is
served in mason jars and corn chowder is slurped from the cutest little tin bowls I've
ever seen.







Sledding.














And yummy homecooked meals.




I realize these pictures look a tad bit Norman Rockwellish..but I assure you..we
totally keep it real. There are eye rolls when I suggest that we play another game,
lots of poking fun at my poor dad, crying babies and little spats.. but above it all..
there is love...so much love.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday full of love and that high on life feeling that
creeps up on you in a big way this time of year.
xo






















1 comments:

Peggy January 8, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

Can you puhleez send me your Colorado Christmas pics, I need to finish my picture boards I've been working on for 3 winters now.


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP