Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Every holiday season I look forward to Oprah's "Favorite Things" episode. I love seeing what new and unique items she finds. And while most of them are usually well out of my price range I still enjoy admiring the cool finds. This year I missed the actual show and forgot to DVR it but luckily my mom had the O magazine with all of the items listed. I guess I could have googled them too. Too much work. :) And since holidays and favorite things go hand in hand I've decided to share a few of mine...listed in no particular order.

The Intyce boot by Steven for Steve Madden. I realize that these are not THAT unique. Lots of peeps have these..but I thought I'd still share because I LOVE mine. They are the perfect and super comfortable. I found mine for $20 at Last Chance!!! If you live in the Phoenix area and enjoy bargain hunting try Last Chance first. If not, you can find them here.



image: Nordstrom.com

Bobbi Brown's blush in Nectar. I use this blush everyday.
It works on almost all skin tones too. Found here.


Nonnie Waller's Traditional Southern Pound Cakes. My mom introduced me to Nonnie Waller's and they are coincidentally also listed on Oprah's favorite things! These pound cakes come with a bouquet of flowers on top and are packaged in beautiful fabric covered hat boxes. They make wonderful gifts which are super unique. We sent one to my mother-in-law and she loved it! The hatboxes can be used for storage after the cake is gobbled up too. Click here for the Nonnie Waller's website.
image: nonniewallers.com

These wine pens. I found them in Sonoma. You simply have your guests write their names right onto the wine glass. The writing wipes of really easily with a damp cloth. Saves you from digging in your drawers for those wine charms. Find them here.

Victoria's Secret lip balm. I'm sort of addicted to lip balm. I've tried almost everything and I always come back to this one. I keep one in my nightstand drawer and apply every night before bed. I also keep one in my purse. At $7 a pop you can stash several around the house. Find them here.



Mossimo's Pocket Tee from Target.
I have one in almost every color. I wear these to sleep, workout, lounge and have also paired my white one with jeans. Love these and their price tags. Find them here.


Personalized Vintage Flatware from NapaStyle. I don't actually own these yet but I'm hoping Santa might have these waiting for me under the x-mas tree. :) This flatware is vintage and silver plated. The sets are mismatched which I love and can be monogrammed!!! What more could you want??? I'm in love.. Found here.

image: napastyle.com

Love my Pottery Barn drink dispenser. This was a wedding gift and we have used it so much. It's really versatile and handy. I like to add a ribbon under the silver lid to jazz it up for parties. For the holidays you could add some burlap ribbon and some green sprigs to make it more festive. I also place mine on top of a cake plate so glasses can easily fit underneath it. You could also tie on a little label which says what drink is being served. Found here.

image: potterybarn.com

Camera Strap Covers from Shey B. I've blogged about these before but couldn't leave them off my favorite things list. I LOVE my camera strap. It takes quite a while to receive them since they are handmade to order but they are worth the wait. Check them out here.
image: sheyb.com
Nerd Alert!!! Okay, so this is a nerdy one but I love Martha Stewart's Antique glitter. Perfect for those craft projects you wish to give a vintage look to. Find it here.

Love me some cozy socks. These are my fave. Find them here.




My sparkly J. Crew shirt. I love the idea of sequins sewn onto a cotton t-shirt. It's like wearing Converse with a black cocktail dress. Unexpected and fun. Love it. Found here.

image: jcrew.com

My Silhouette thermal from Dear Lillie. Love this cute little thermal. Underneath the silhouette is the fairyland quote by L.M. Montgomery. Perfect for those of us who are definitely still kids at heart. :) I ordered a bigger size so that it fits more like a tunic. Perfect with leggings. Find it here.



Striped Paper Straws from Garnish. Love these adorable straws! Really cute for parties. Find them here.



image: thinkgarnish.com

And there you have it..a few of my favorite things. Move over Oprah! ;)










0 comments:


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP