Sunday, April 24, 2011

Because different can also be fabulous....

I'll admit that I was a tad bummed when it dawned on me a few weeks ago that we wouldn't be spending Easter with our families. We would miss out on the Easter egg decorating contest that my mom puts together..really cute prizes for the winners and all. We wouldn't partake in the family chatter that overflows in the kitchen while simultaneously shoveling deviled eggs into our mouths. I felt like we'd be missing out and this girl really, really hates missing out on family fun. "So it's going to be just the two of us huh?" I said to Jim last week with the most pathetic looking face imaginable.


But then it hit me. Yes, our families are pretty awesome and of course if the logistics would've worked out we would have traveled to be with them in a heartbeat but such is life..and I've finally grasped the fact that life isn't always going to be ideal and that it's completely what you make it. And you know what.. I would like to make it nothing short of freakin' fabulous.

We decided we'd create our own fun. We churched it in the a.m. followed by a delicious brunch at Brio and then to the golf course we headed...where we soaked up the sun, enjoyed the almost empty course, sipped on some cold Stellas and jammed out to my iphone in between holes. And no..I'm definitely not a golfer but I do enjoy dressing the part and spewing golf lingo like it's my job. Birdie, bogey, par, eagle...I've go the lingo down pat now..I'm a certified golf phony.



We laughed and simply spent time together under the sunny, blue sky.. sans laptops, sans cell phone calls..sans life's many distractions. And it was amazing. But I think my favorite part of today was when Jim looked over at me and said..today has been so awesome..this is one of the best Easters yet. And yes...he loves to golf so that had something to do with it but truly the time spent reconnecting was what had us both saying over and over...this is so much fun. We should do this more often.




Today was amazing. Today was rejuvenating. Today was one of my favorite Easter celebrations yet.




So whatever you celebrate today and however you chose to celebrate it...I hope it was nothing short of fabulous.
xo

“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”








2 comments:

Jaclyn.Marie April 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

Aw! So glad you guys had a great Easter and made it your own!! Love the pictures too! Bright blue skies, preppy clothes, and lots of love - what more can you ask for on Easter Sunday?? :)

Peggy April 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

I think you definately made the most of your Easter holiday together, a great opportunity to reconnect. We sometimes to forget how important that is sometimes. Remember to try and do that more often.
I loved having you guys around,just before the holiday. So I didn't feel to very sorry for my self. You are both so generous with your time, when i know you don't have that much free time, and we appreciate whenever you spend it with us!
Time slips away so quickly!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP