Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday little bloggy!!!

One year ago today I started this blog. I was a few weeks into my summer vacation and had just decided to close my classroom doors for a while. It was a time of transition. A time where much to Jim's dismay our guest bedroom closets were overflowing with children's books and colorful puppets and our garage held bins and bins of first grade classroom materials that I just couldn't part with. A time when I didn't exactly know what my next step was going to be. I felt relieved and comfortable with my decision but found myself yearning for some type of creative outlet while I figured out my next move.


So...after falling in love with reading blogs ( there are so many inspiring women out there) I decided I'd start my own. I wasn't exactly clear on the type of blog it would be..what the focus would be..so I just let my thoughts take over and I have to say I'm loving what it has evolved into. I absolutely love blogging! It has been an amazing way to stay connected with our families especially since none of our family members live locally. It has been a wonderful way to share favorite finds and both successful and unsuccessful attempts at making our house a home. It has been a fabulous outlet for reflecting on our everyday life and the more I reflect the more I see the world more clearly..and what a wonderful world it is.



So thank you sweet little blog and thank you all so very much for reading, for inspiring me, for encouraging me. Blogging can be scary as you are really putting yourself out there...throwing thoughts out into the void but my goal for the next year of blogging is to stretch myself even more..challenge myself to continue to document the good but also reflect and share on the not so good. Because I don't care who you are..life is not always unicorns and rainbows. So I am challenging myself to flip open the laptop on days when maybe I'm not feeling it or am uninspired. I want to reflect on the not so good days too...because I know that both good and and not so good are equally significant..two necessary components to growing and succeeding in life.

So again..thank you so very much for reading my ramblings. Please let me know if there is something specific that you would like to see on the blog. I'm open to suggestions too!! :)

Some of my favorite pictures/moments that appeared on the blog this past year...




































































And a few pics of my nephew Carter that haven't appeared on the blog but I'm totally loving..







And since no birthday is complete without a little something sweet I am attempting homemade strawberry shortcake (on the summer bucket list) Recipe found here. I'm sure it will be fabulous as The Barefoot Contessa rarely disappoints!

Hope you're all having a great week!
xo



About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP