Tuesday, July 26, 2011

That toddling town..

Want to know a really great way to escape routine? Hopping on a plane. Something we do quite often because we know that one day we won't be so foot loose and fancy free. So I guess we're sort taking advantage of it now. We spent a long weekend visiting family in Chicago and it was phenomonal.


We were able to sneak in a day downtown before heading back to the burbs for the weekend. And oh.. how I love this city. The energy is electric. The skyscrapers massive and the architecture simply amazing.











We ate lunch on a rooftop overlooking the city. We sipped Pimm's cups and enjoyed some fries dipped in truffle oil and I'm pretty sure in heaven I will eat these everyday...perhaps for breakfast.
with my sister-in-law Brook and Jim's cousin Jaclyn



We spent part of the day at the Museum of Science and Industry and they happened to have the Body Worlds exhibit displayed..something that I have been dying to see. I have missed the exhibit twice when it was in Phoenix. And finally..the stars aligned. It was absolutely fascinating!!! I urge you...if it comes to your city...go see it! It's eye opening, educational and just simply amazing. There were all of these really neat quotes displayed in between the body exhibits. I snapped a picture of one..before I saw the no photography sign. ooopps.




And as captivating as the hustle and bustle of the city is there is also something to be said about the quaint little suburb towns. I love their charming little corner ice cream shops and quaint downtown squares. I am equally smitten.





Jim's aunt and uncle are moving their entire family to China for two years. They are both teachers and have signed on to teach abroad. I find them to be incredibly brave. It's so easy to stay inside our comfort zones out of fear of the unknown. They are doing it..breaking away from what's easy and comforting. I know they will get so much in return for doing this and can't wait to hear about all of their adventures. But of course...they will be greatly missed..so the family held a goodbye party/family reunion along which was kicked off by some family pictures.

Jim's mom is one of six...his grandma was a busy lady.


photo by vgroup photography


photo by vgroup photography


with my mother-in-law Diane. Photo taken by my sister-in-law Michelle.

And the icing on the cake...spending time with sweet little Nicolas.




Seriously..the bond between these two is something to behold. He wouldn't let anyone else hold him. He loves him some Uncle Jim.

And because I can't think of any creative or cool way to end this post...I'll simply say that It was a great weekend. I feel lucky to have gained such a great family.
Hope the week is treating you well!!!
xo









2 comments:

Peggy July 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

Having this blog for you to share all of these wonderful moments in yours & jim's life is so appreciated.
Can't tell you how happy it makes me, to know you are part of such a wonderful extended family. Love the pics of little Nicholas & Uncle Jim. They are both so adorable together.
Good practice for Jim too!

Anonymous August 12, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

And we feel exactly the same way! We are so blessed for you to be part of our family! We love you and love your sharings and pictures.


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP