Friday, July 8, 2011

The whole fam damily

The air is fresher, the sky bluer and the birds much chirpier. (is that a word?) My shoulders permanently relax when we're there. I take in the sounds and the sights making mental images of the memories we are creating. For I know, in years to come we will reminisce. We'll talk about how my dad was obsessed with "golf ball hunting" (did ya know this was a hobby?) at the golf course across the street ..even wearing super nerdy golf ball hunting glasses (yes..they actually make these) to assist him in seeing the balls and competing against a fellow golf ball hunting neighbor. AKA: the old man who has been creepin' up on his golf ball hunting turf.






We'll talk about the time my sister-in-law had one too many cocktails and serenaded us all with her rendition of a Mary J. Blige song during a game of Trivia Pursuit. We'll laugh about the many times my clutsy self fell down the stairs at this house. You see..this is our happy place. A home away from home for all of us. A vacation house up in the mountains where we can all stop and be and simply drink it all in... Life, mountain air and most importantly each other.



And maybe there was some literal drinking as well.
LOVE this recipe for white sangria. I make it often. Found here.


These mountains and I have gotten to know each other quite well by now but they still slay me each and every time. It's like looking out at a Bob Ross painting. (remember him?)




We awoke each morning to the hissing of the percolator and strolled downstairs.. hair messy and pajama clad and filled our mugs with the hot goodness that readied us for the day.





There were bike rides and game nights which had us clutching our sides from laughing so hard.






There were stormy nights filled with the aroma of a freshly cooked meal followed by lots of cuddling with two of the cutest baby boys around.











There were family walks where we discovered some fun little areas to take pictures.
Namely this cute little bridge.



photo taken by my mom

And of course..a childhood rite of passage..
Blowing Dandelion seeds




And finally, there was our yearly Fourth of July tradition which began last year. My mom, sister-in-law and I marched in the parade with the "Queens of Frisco." All of the ladies walk to raise money for breast cancer. I mean seriously..giving back, wearing a sparkly tiara, making a spectacle of myself and drinking a little bubbly all the while. Sign me up! Oh and by marched I meant we jumped and flailed about. And the only other thing I could've asked for...having ALL of my family there. My in-laws were nice enough to make the drive up to spend the Fourth with us. And our sweet little nephews were reunited.

All pictures below taken by Jim



As you can tell by this next picture..I was having a horrible time.







Id say the nephew reunion went pretty well.

Smooches on the second date.






I am sort of obsessed with this picture of our nephew Nicolas at the parade. Look at that face!!





It was an amazingly rejuvenating trip. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend as well. Feeling oh so grateful for the wonderful country that we live in. Yes, we have our issues and things to overcome but we are truly lucky to have our freedom and amazing men and women who continue to fight for that freedom each and everyday.

Be back soon. Promise.
xo















3 comments:

Lesley July 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this my friend! What a beautiful place for a beautiful family! Love you guys!

Erin July 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Thanks Les!! I miss you!!!! xoxoxo

Peggy July 13, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

Love, Love, Love all the pics! I need them all!!
PLEEEZ


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP