Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day 2007

(Disclaimer: This post is a day late. I started it yesterday but didn't quite finish. :)

It was just a mere four years ago when I was hopping on a plane headed back home to Phoenix after a long weekend in Denver. I was tired and ready to be home. I waited for my group to be called and boarded the flight. I still remember what I was wearing... a yellow and white striped Ella Moss shirt that was soft and cozy paired with my favorite jeans. I Squeezed into seat 19b and grabbed my headphones and iphone and started flipping through songs. What should I listen to? Maybe some Jack Johnson or possibly a little Michael Buble.

I was still debating my song selection when a cute guy with dark hair and kind eyes asked if he could squeeze into his window seat. I politely obliged and let him slide in trying to hide the fact that I thought he was really cute. After a few minutes of silence he broke the ice. "How do you like that iphone?" His opening line which by the way.. made it into several of the speeches at our wedding. An opening line that we still tease him about...but you know what? I thank god for that cheesy little ice breaker because without it..I would have never met the most amazing person I know. Call it fate...call it luck..call it what you will. (although I'm totally going with fate.) What I do know for sure is that four years ago today my life changed for the better..four years ago I met this perfect stranger on an airplane who would turn out to be the man I would marry. An ordinary day that turned out to be extraordinary.

Life is so amazing. Just when we think we have it all figured out..that we have control over everything..the man upstairs reminds us that he has a plan for us. A plan much grander than we can even imagine. And I am so thankful.



Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend!!!
xoxo

4 comments:

Diane September 7, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Cried when I read this! So happy that Jim had that seat!!

Anonymous September 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

I never tire of hearing that story - Thank you for sharing and thank you for being the perfect half to Jim. The Lord knows what He is doing and He will bless you abundantly throughout your marriage! Happy "I met my hubby" day!

Anonymous September 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

I never tire of hearing that story - Thank you for sharing and thank you for being the perfect half to Jim. The Lord knows what He is doing and He will bless you abundantly throughout your marriage! Happy "I met my hubby" day!

Peggy September 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

That story still is an incredible one. Fate, serendipity, luck, not sure what it's called, but the one thing I know for sure is, that you two were made for each other.


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP