Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh yes it's ladies night...

Why is it that when you grow up the sleepover parties tend to fade away? As someone who quite enjoys her PJ's I think adult pajama parties should be the new wine and cheese party. Who's with me? This past weekend I held a little PJ /Sleepover Girl's night at my house. We all got together to spend time with our lovely friend Nicole who will be moving to D.C. for a new job. I am really excited for her new adventure but of course a little sad for us. Although, I can't wait to visit.


It was a great night filled with uber girly things that would make the hubby cringe. (Thank goodness he was out of town) We polished our nails, played Sex and the City trivia and answered questions from my most favorite thing ever...Girl's night table topics. I am a total sucker for table topics. I have been know to wear these out..but seriously...who doesn't love good conversation and answering questions like What was your weirdest date? or What fashion from another period would you love to wear? See...you're hooked already! I love hearing the varied responses and I love the adorable lucite cube they come in. Find them here.


We also made homemade sugar scrub. I have always wanted to try making my own so I thought we'd all do it together. There are all types of scrub you can make which I discovered when googling this. I went with a lavender, coconut sugar scrub. All you need are some cute jars, sugar, coconut oil (we warmed it up in the microwave to make it more liquidy) and lavender oil. ( I found the coconut oil and lavender oil at Whole Foods.) Just mix it together until you reach your desired consistency. We then decorated our jars and voila..a nice, inexpensive, and chemical free sugar scrub!! These would make cute holiday gifts too!





I Found the little jars at Target. The others are just plain mason jars.

I totally forgot to snap a pic of the whole group in PJ's. Oh well...And I just in case it's not clear by now..I really LOVE a good girl's night and am so grateful that we still take time out of our busy lives to make them happen.

Hope you had a wonderful start to your week!! Cold sheets are calling my name! I'm out!
xoxo





2 comments:

Krissy November 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

You are so creative Erin, love the scrub idea! Let's get together soon!

Erin November 21, 2011 at 8:00 AM  

Thanks Kristen!! We should do a double date soon! xo


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP