Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sundays are for Pancakes.

Jim and I enjoyed a gloriously lazy Sunday morning and I made our favorite Lemon and cottage cheese Pancakes.


The Fairmont Mission Inn at Sonoma has fabulous Meyer Lemon-cottage cheese pancakes on their breakfast menu. I had them while visiting a few years ago. They were divine and I knew I had to recreate them. This is my version. I have made them with both Meyer lemons and regular ol' lemons and I'd definitely use Meyer lemons if you can.  I find them at Whole Foods. However, regular lemons will work too. The pancakes just won't be as sweet. 


Here is what you'll need


Photobucket


Start by separating the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls. I've gotten pretty good at this!
This is the most tedious part of the recipe.


Photobucket


Mix the sugar, salt, lemon zest, cottage cheese and flour into the  bowl of egg yolks.  Set aside.


Photobucket


Using a hand mixer, whisk the egg whites until they form medium-stiff peaks. 


Photobucket


Fold the egg whites into the yolk/sugar/ flour/ cottage cheese mixture. 


Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour your desired pancake size into pan. Flip after a minute or so. This recipe makes about 8 medium sized pancakes


These are best topped with powdered sugar but we ran out when I made these. So.. we topped with strawberries and a small amount of maple syrup. You can also top with creme fraiche which is also divine!


ENJOY!! 
Photobucket


Photobucket

0 comments:


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP