Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Digs!

Well hello there! Once again time has escaped me and I have been a shamefully bad blogger as of late. Or as my mom put it a "lazy blogger." Thanks mom! :)  

Seems there are never enough hours in the day..and well..I will admit the Olympics have quite sucked me in lately. Is it too late to become a synchronized swimmer?? Seriously..they are amazing!  I am trying to get over a yucky cold at the moment and have forced myself to rest on the couch and hold still for a while. So.. I figured I'd pop in for a quick update. 

 The latest around here is that we bought a new house!!! I still can't really believe it as it happened pretty fast. Funny..we weren't really seriously looking to move anytime soon. We simply began putting our feelers out and looking into areas and before we knew it we had fallen in love with a house and neighborhood and boom..we were sitting in a sales office signing our lives away. The low interest rates and that feeling that it was just meant to be sort of sealed the deal for us.  The house will be built about early February so we have plenty of time to clean out closets and do some purging before the big move. 

We spent an entire day at the design center last week picking everything out. Super fun but definitely daunting at the same time. A big thanks to my mom for making the trip to Phoenix to join us  for our appointment. It was great for us to have her expertise. Jim somehow survived the long day an endured our oohing and aahing  over backsplash tile and laborious decisions like cream or white grout. :)  

I have spared you the oh so dazzling picture of our currently sparse dirt lot and instead have included the digital picture of the future house. 

Photobucket

(I love how in this picture there our no houses on either side..making it look as though we will have an entire desert to ourselves. We will most definitely have neighbors in either side)


You can guarantee that there will be many more home decor posts to come in the future. I can't wait to share the whole process with you! 

Hope you're having a great week! Happy almost Friday.
xo








3 comments:

Peggy August 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM  

Can't wait to decorate my room!

Jaclyn.Marie August 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM  

Yay!!! I can't wait to go see it! And, just like Peggy, I can't wait to decorate MY room too!! ;)

Anonymous August 20, 2012 at 7:07 PM  

Congrats!! So excited for you both.


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP