Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Drink your Greens!

Several months ago I decided to swap my morning Green Tea with a healthy kale smoothie. It's a great way to start the day and helps to ensure that I'm getting my daily fruit and veggie intake.

I thought I'd share the ingredients. Not only is it healthy but it tastes yummy as well! 

Photobucket

(The measurements below are approximations.  I usually just eyeball it.)
1. Splash of almond milk. You can use sweetened or unsweetened. I've used both.
2. about 1/2 cup frozen organic berries. You can throw in some frozen pineapple too. Sweetens it up a bit.
3. 1/2 cup of Kale. (I like the pre-washed, pre-cut Kale from Trader Joe's. Make it nice and easy. I try to buy the Organic bagged Kale if they have it)
4. 1/4-1/2 cup of Green Plant juice. Mine is from Trader Joe's but I also really like Odwalla's Green Machine which can be found at your local grocery store.
5. Inside the mason jar pictured above is a mixture of Psyllium Husk, Chia seeds and ground Flax seed. I keep this mixture in the fridge and throw in about 2 tablespoons. Psyllium helps with healthy digestions. Chia seeds are a great source for omega-3 and Flax is high in antioxidants. You can buy all three at Whole Foods. To make the mixture: fill up 1/2 the jar with Psyllium Husk then 1/4  of the jar with Chia Seeds and 1/4 of the jar with Ground Flax. The mixture will keep just fine when refrigerated. 


Blend all of your goodness together. 
Photobucket

Enjoy the healthy start to your day!!!
Photobucket

Hope you're all having a great week!
xo

1 comments:

Michelle November 18, 2012 at 8:52 PM  

I'm going to try it!!


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP