Thursday, January 24, 2013

Family/Living Room Mood Board

Hello there! Hope you're all having a great week! It's a rare rainy and overcast day here and I'm stuck in bed with a yucky cold so I thought I'd pop in with another mood board for the new house. The living/family room will most likely be the room we hang out in the most so I really want to ensure that the decor is pleasant yet cozy and not too formal.

Here's what I've got. Can you tell I'm not so big into color?? I love pattern though..as long as it's neutral. :) I think I may try and add some color with some other decor accents eventually..we'll see.



Sources: Sectional: this is not our exact sofa..just one I found online that looks similar. Jim and I compromised on the couch. He got his sectional and I got my linen fabric. Unfortunately...it won't be arrriving until the end of March as it's being custom made. Blow-up mattresses will have to do it the interim. :) Mercury Glass Lamps Found here. Console Table Found here. Still saving up our pretty pennies for this piece. I'm obsessed with it! Ottoman: the pictured one is just a similar image of the one we are having made through Thomasville. Also another compromise. Jim wanted something comfy to rest his feet on instead of a traditional coffee table...which would have been my first choice. However,  I got to choose the striped fabric and I do love that is opens up which will provide us with additional storage for blankets and such. Oatmeal Finish entertainment center by Paula Deen. Yes...the Food Network Chef Paula Deen..did you know she had a furniture line!?! Neither did I! And it's nice quality, solid wood furniture too! We stumbled upon this piece at Thomasville. Found it here too. Wingback chairs found here. We haven't purchases any chairs as of yet..but I do like these. Mirror..thinking this might be nice above the fireplace. Found here.  Pillows: White fluffy pillow from Target. Can't find it online.  Ikat pillows found here. Betwixt Pillow found here. Bansuri Slate Ikat Fabric found here. Thinking of incorporating this fabric into the room by using it for solid curtain panels or even just a border of it on a linen curtain. Still on the hunt for an area rug too. Slowly but surely..at this point we've only bought the main pieces that we will need right away and then we'll continue to save our pennies for the rest. 

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
xo



1 comments:

Michelle February 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM  

As the Kardashians would say, GORG!! I am loving this house and the decor! Can't wait to see it in person in April!! xoxoxo


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP