Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New House Update

Hello there! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Ours was spent furniture shopping for our new house. Super fun! We will be moving into our new home in less than a month! I can't even believe it. Over the  past few weeks I've spent my days off from work purging, organizing and donating items that we no longer need. Getting organized feels so good and I am determined to simplify and not move stuff we truly don't use or need.


Anyway, here is an update on the exterior of our house. It's been so fun watching the progress over the past 6 months.  Crazy how a dirt lot quickly transforms into a home!


All that is left to finish on the exterior is the tiling on the roof, painting of the garage door and adding stone to the pillars. On the interior we just need appliances and door hardware!! It's all coming together so quickly! So fun!  I'll post some interior pictures soon.

Now on to the decorating..we will be buying a lot of new furniture as there is more space in this home than our current home and the configuration is a bit different. I get a little nervous as I know this new furniture will be with us for a long time and I want to make the right choices.  I have decided to create a mood board for each room as I'm an extremely visual person. So far I have our dining room mood board done and thought I'd share with you.





I'm going for kind of a Rustic-Wine Country casual feel in the dining room. After staring at this mood board I've decided that I want to go with a patterned curtain for this room as well. Wasn't sure because of the pattern in the rug but I'm thinking more pattern would be great! What do you think?

Sources: DCG stores Vintage Salvaged Trestle Table found here.  Ikat Rug-Pottery Barn- found here.
Dining Chair by Stanley Furniture. We bought these chairs at an adorable local shop here in Phoenix called Bungalow. Check it out here. Baker's Rack- Restoration Hardware-found here. 
Not quite sold on this piece yet. Part of me wants to go more formal with a glass front china cabinet with lights..which would also eliminate the dust. Decisions..Decisions..  :) However, I love the look of a Baker's Rack and this one is awesome!! Chandelier..from pottery Barn-No longer Available. We already own this chandelier and have it hanging in our eat-in kitchen area at the moment.

Be back soon with some more Mood Boards! Hope you're having a wonderful week! XO

0 comments:


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP