Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fun Little Succulent Display

My mom and I put together this fun little succulent display while she was visiting us last week. 


I love how it turned out so I thought I'd share. It was super easy and inexpensive. 


Start with any shaped glass container. I found mine at Homegoods which is the perfect place to hunt for  inexpensive glass containers. They carry all shapes and sizes.

Soak your moss in a small bowl or bucket of water and leave it there until it's soaked up most of the water. This will help it be pliable and easy to place in your container when you're ready for it. You can find moss at most craft stores. I usually buy mine at Joann's Fabrics.

Fill your container with rocks. I already had the larger neutral rocks and randomly found the white rocks at the checkout aisle in Homegoods. Seriously, what can't you find there!?! I love how the white rocks add a fun contrast. We did a layer of white rocks, then neutral rocks and another layer of white. 


Then you pop in your little succulents..placing them wherever you desire. My succulents are from a local nursery but you can also find them at Lowe's or Home Depot. However, I have found that our local nursery has a better selection. 

Next you will grab your moss from your bucket of water and place over dirt and in between the plants. Fill in any gaps with the moss. 



Voila! You have a fun little display! Mine has found it's happy home on our kitchen island. It fits perfectly behind the sink.  I want to make a terrarium next! I'll be sure to share that too. 

Hope you're having a great week!
XO



2 comments:

Peggy June 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM  

Can you even believe how talented we are??
:)

Anonymous March 6, 2024 at 12:35 PM  

Love your terrarium beautiful what a wonderful idea


About This Blog

I'm a wife, daughter, sister and auntie. I'm a lover of life and all things good in this world. I adore sunshine, green tea and my husband's smile. I believe that you can create your own happiness and this is the little space where I choose to document mine. Hope you enjoy a peek into my life in the fun lane and thank you so very much for reading.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP